Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Spies, DAMNIT!

Brick and Puddles continue to amaze me each and every day. Brick is now 6 and in kindergarten. Puddles is 3, but is convinced he is much older. Brick has a lot of hesitancy when it comes to going to his dad's house. No huge surprise there, his dad did physically abuse him. But then Brick started wetting his pants during the day. He was scheduled to see his therapist, so I gave her the heads up, and they played the 'feelings' game. Well, she didn't discover anything, but she primed the pump for me to talk to him. I did. What I discovered made me laugh later, but at the time, Brick was so serious that I didn't. He had told me before that he didn't like Jaybe's roommate, a female. I was thinking, 'she's young, maybe he sees her as a mommy-replacement', even though, as far as I know, there is nothing going on between the two. Not that I care, I really wish he would get laid on a regular basis, maybe he would be nicer. Anyway, he had said he didn't like her because she talked in a low voice. I thought that he meant that she was an alto, rather than a soprano. Being an alto myself, I thought this strange. Then I asked him how. And what he meant was that she whispers. He said, like he was telling me in confidence, "I think she may be a spy". I still laugh when I type it. Brick is very interested in spy gear. But this little guy was so scared of Jaybe's roommate that he was wetting his pants during the day. After reassuring him as best I could that she is not a spy, I passed the information on to his dad, so that he would know as well.
Unfortunately, now that this problem is solved, Brick now is making the excuse that he doesn't like how Jaybe's house smells...like the cat. I'm going to have to see if i can do anything to alleviate some of his fear. It's not unfounded. His dad is a scary man. I'm just not sure what to do about it.

No comments: